Revamp Your Smile With A Restorative Procedure
If you’ve experienced dental trauma or issues like tooth decay that have resulted in gaps in your smile, things like eating, speaking, and socializing can be difficult. What’s worse is that tooth loss has a variety of additional risks including bone loss, tooth decay, and more. That’s where Dr. Kosinski and our experienced team come in. Rather than risk your health and quality of life, we provide comprehensive restorative dental services to fill the gaps in your smile. The aim of restorative density is to restore your smile to full function so that you’re well protected against the effects of tooth loss and able to smile, eat and speak with renewed confidence.
We’re proud to offer comprehensive restorative dental services to Michigan patients in Franklin, Bloomfield, Lathrup Village, and the surrounding areas.
Inlays & Onlays
Tooth-colored inlays/onlays and veneers are also bonded restorations used to replace your fillings. They often require 2 visits. We use these to improve esthetics where your tooth requires additional strength or reinforcement.
Crowns & Bridges
Crowns or caps are designed to look and feel like natural teeth, and they are a great option when you desire a more dramatic change in your appearance. We can significantly lighten the shade of your teeth, correct spacing problems, and achieve beautiful esthetics, particularly if your teeth have been more severely damaged. Bridges are multiple attached crowns used to provide a lasting replacement to missing natural teeth.
We can use dental implants to replace any number of missing or damaged teeth. With solutions designed around your needs, we rejuvenate your smile so you can speak, eat, and laugh again without a second thought about your teeth. Enjoy the freedom of a smile that empowers you to live life on your own terms.
We’ll find the treatment option that gives you the confidence to smile again. Whether you need a partial denture to replace several missing teeth or a full denture to restore all of them, we have the tooth loss solutions that give you your smile back. In many cases, we can even support your dentures with dental implants.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I’m missing a tooth, do I really need to replace it?
Surrounding teeth can shift out of place and cause an uneven bite. Food particles can also get trapped in the gap and can be difficult to remove, causing gum disease and decay.
Your jawbone can also deteriorate over time due to missing teeth, causing you to appear older due to sagging skin and premature wrinkles. This also makes dental implants more difficult to place in the future (if the tooth has been missing for a long time).
What will happen if I don’t replace a missing tooth?
- Bite Problems: Surrounding teeth can move out of position and lean into the space, causing an uneven bite. Even one missing tooth can cause other teeth to shift, ruining your healthy bite.
- Periodontal Disease or Tooth Decay: Food particles can get trapped in the gap and can be difficult to remove, causing gum disease and decay.
- Bone Deterioration: Bone loss can occur in the area which can cause the jawbone to shrink, the appearance of sagging skin and premature wrinkles, and make dental implants more difficult to place in the future (if the tooth has been missing for a long time).
Can I receive dentures the same day as a tooth extraction?
What dental implant solutions do you offer?
Our practice offers single and multi-tooth implants, full-arch replacements, and implant-supported overdentures to ensure each patient receives the treatment they need and deserve. Give us a call at (248) 646-8651 and we’ll explain our options to you in detail.
What is the difference between a cap and a crown?
What's the difference between inlays, onlays, crowns, and bridges?
All of these restoration options are designed to restore your smile to full function and protect your natural teeth from sustaining additional damage from tooth decay. The option Dr. Kosinski will recommend depends on the severity of your tooth damage.
- Inlays are used when only the grooves of the teeth are affected by tooth decay.
- Onlays are used when the decay has affected the cusp (raised biting surface) of the tooth.
- Dental crowns are used when the decay has affected a significant portion of the surface of the tooth, including the cusps. A crown is a porcelain cap that sits atop the tooth to protect it from further damage.
- Dental bridges are used to address up to four adjacent missing teeth. A bridge is a prosthetic tooth that uses dental crowns to anchor itself onto the healthy teeth on either side of the gap.
Let Dr. Kosinski Help Restore Your Smile
When poor hygiene or trauma affects the functionality of your teeth, it can put you at a higher risk for developing periodontal disease, tooth loss, and overall health problems. Michigan patients in Franklin, Bloomfield, Lathrup Village, and the surrounding areas can enjoy a complete smile with our restorative services. With a restorative procedure, we can get your smile back to working order so you can restore your confident and healthy smile.
To learn more about our restorative dental procedures or if you’re ready to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kosinski at our Bingham Farms office, give us a call at (248) 646-8651 today or click the “Contact Us” button.