The decision to fix your smile with dental implants can be an exciting one. But here at SmileCreator of Bingham Farms we know from experience that finding a dental implants provider can be a harder decision.
That is why we created this page of information to help our patients find the absolute best provider for their individual oral health, needs, and budget.
How To Find The Right Dental Implants Provider
In order to help determine if a provider is the right one for you and your needs, we recommend patients ask the following types of questions:
- How long have you been offering tooth replacement products and services?
- Do you have any special training in dental implant placement? Are you licensed or certified in dental implant placement? How long have you had the licensing?
- What materials will be used for my dental implant procedure? Are you using the latest technology available?
- What is your dental implant success rate?
- Are there any pictures of your dental implant patients that you can share?
- Will all of my procedure be done in-house or will parts be outsourced to another provider?
- Will I need supplementary procedures before my dental implant placement procedure?
- Is my consultation complimentary? Will I be obligated to purchase any products or services after?
- Will I be given a written quote after my consultation?
- Will the quote include all parts of my procedure, as well as all of the parts of my dental implant?
These questions are general in nature and intended to assist our patients in finding the best dental implants provider for their needs. If your provider cannot answer these questions, it is probably a good idea to keep searching.
Why Choose Dr. Kosinski For Your Dental Implant Treatment?
We recognize that each of our patients has unique needs and goals. That is why we work with you to customize our treatment plans to perfectly fit your needs. Here are some additional reasons that you should consider giving us a try:
- SmileCreator of Bingham Farms is proud to use the latest diagnostic equipment and technology for all procedures
- Dr. Kosinski has decades of implant surgery experience, with thousands of hours of additional training
- We will always talk you through every step of the process, give written estimates, and answer any questions
- Dr. Kosinski has the knowledge, passion and experience to deliver the best results
Preparing For Dental Implant Surgery
It is important that you tell your doctor about any medical conditions, any medications you take, and any additional health concerns you have. If you have a heart condition or orthopedic implants, you may be prescribed antibiotics or other medications before surgery to help prevent infection or complications.
To control any discomfort you may experience while having your implants placed, you may be given anesthesia. Before your procedure, you will discuss your anesthesia options, sedation or general anesthesia.
Talk to your doctor about which option is best for you. Your dental care team will instruct you about eating and drinking before surgery, depending on what type of anesthesia you have. If you are getting anesthesia, you will need to have someone take you home after surgery and expect to rest for most of the day.
Choose SmileCreator of Bingham Farms For All Your Dental Services
Here at SmileCreator of Bingham Farms we are proud of the experience and skill level of our staff. Additionally, you can rest assured that our products, equipment, and procedures are all carefully chosen to ensure superior results for our Beverly Hills and Bingham Farms, MI patients.
We also offer great financing options, so there is no reason to delay your treatment. Give us a call today to schedule your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Kosinski.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who’s a good candidate for dental implants?
Dental implants are a great option for a wide range of patients. However, patients who’ve been diagnosed with underlying oral health issues or have a weakened jaw bone may need additional supplemental procedures to support the implant.
Additionally, if you’re prone to grinding or clenching your teeth, this can cause damage to your dental implants. Dr. Kosinski may recommend a mouthguard for added protection. Patients who have been prescribed steroids or other medications that suppress the immune system should discuss the procedure with their family doctor. That’s because your body needs a healthy immune system for the healing process.
Dr. Kosinski will go over your details to ensure dental implants are right for you during your consultation.
How long before dental implants feel normal?
The speed of your healing process depends on how much rest you’re getting, taking medication as prescribed, and following Dr. Kosinski’s instructions. If you’re keeping these steps in mind, you can expect to feel normal after 1-2 weeks following your implant placement surgery.
At that time, you shouldn’t feel any more pain or discomfort and can resume your usual diet and exercise routine.